View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 07:53   #649
JimG
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xco View Post
I'm running my se lux at the recommended 31 psi on P zero rosso's at the moment(because I've just bought the car and they are on it) and I don't ever expect to go off-roading in it really but should I be running it at a higher PSI than reco'd? It does feel very sure footed and quiet at that pressure.

Interestingly I like the look of the P zero Verdi's as a possible choice for my next runners especially regarding the fact that they are listed as all season tyres and the euro ratings for them are quite favourable i.e. fuel efficiency quietness grip in wet and dry etc. and the price per corner on "my- tyres "is very good as well plus £9.00 per corner fitted.

Anybody else running these?
The reason many of us run our tyres at eco pressure is not only for better mpg, but by making the tyre harder, this helps prevent uneven tyre wear on the shoulders. If you have a look from the beginning you'll see there are a lot of complaints that XC90s get through tyres due to shoulder wear after very few miles.

See how you get on with the Pirelli's, if you like them and they wear well then keep them. I have read a review somewhere that the Verdi's were noisy, but can't remember where now, sorry.

www.alignmycar.co.uk
www.rearfacing.co.uk
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JimG For This Useful Post: