View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 20:51   #4
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

Thanks fer the Info Adrian ... OK V70 ....the message is basically telling you something is "out of tolerance".. could be a number of things but it is MOST likely to be a MAF sensor problem.....

you say you've got "Reduced Performance" that to me points to Either less fuel or less air getting into the engine (I'm a BASIC old style "Home Mech"!!)

to follow my train of thought you have two options

1. A Dirty MAF Sensor

2. A dirty Fuel Filter

the Above in essence is what yer "Technicians" have told you "Throttle Body fault" .. so what goes into a Throttle body ... FUEL & AIR !!! .. which brings us right back to either a DIRTY MAF sensor or a DIRTY Fuel Filter ...

Check yer air Filter first off .. it MAY be Partially Blocked with CRUD (in fact take the Air Filter out altogether & take it fer a Blast about & see how it runs .if its STILL the same get the MAF cleaned .....if that don't work Clean the Fuel Filter ...

Mechanics these days ARE NOT "Mechanics" they are "PART REPLACERS" Change this & Change that ... Eventually they will "Replace" the part thats Faulty ... but "Faulty" is only a "Term" it may just need a clean ....

Keith
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote