View Single Post
Old Jan 6th, 2024, 16:25   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanC View Post
I've also posted this in the general section.

I have a Nov 2021 XC40 B4 R-Design petrol mild hybrid, which I've had for three months/3000 miles. It has the automatic gearbox, FWD. I'm mainly happy with the car, but I am seeking some advice/knowledge regarding a transmission issue . . . . . . .

I usually drive fairly sedately, but in the 3000 miles I've driven the car a couple of times when I've actually wanted to accelerate briskly, when I've put my foot down nothing has happened - it's as if the gearbox goes into neutral, the engine spins up to near the red line and there's no drive. When this has happened I've lifted off the accelerator, waited for the revs to drop and then tried again, more gently, and the drive returns. But by then the car has lost all momentum and, in effect, I haven't been able to accelerate briskly at all! It doesn't happen every time but when it does it's very disconcerting.

Has anyone else experienced this and are there any theories regarding the cause/solution of the issue?

Thanks in advance,
Stan.
You need to get this to the dealer to report it, they have all the know how, factory bulletins and facilities to add a software update if required.
It's under warranty isn't it? I'm sure your excellent Description says it all to them, It may have an oil leak if the oil level is low.