Thread: Amazon: - Ride height
View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 07:59   #8
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
According to the Autocar road test ground clearance at the front cross member is 7". At the back axle I think it is 9". Springs sag with age.
Dai's method or from the centre of the arch to the ground is fine for checking but only if you know what that measurement should be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1800 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustinmotion View Post
Mine is 350 at the front and 360 at the rear so 100mm lower than standard which kind of agrees with the load height dimension
What else is in play other than springs? Mine are new 40mm lowered so not expecting spring sag.
I went for minus 40 as nothing else needed altering, given it's sitting 90 to 100mm lower should I look at shocks and sway bar?
Something doesn't quite make sense here. The OP says his motor car is sitting 100mm (4") lower than standard, but according to Derek UK that would mean the front cross member is stet 3" from the ground. Unless the OP has some very small wheels or very low profile tyres that surely cannot be the case. 3" ground clearance would be very ZZ Top - and probably wouldn't clear most sleeping policemen.

I can't help thinking the OP must have measured something wrong - I'd suggest taking a reading to the roof height (or any other reference) given in the link to the specification that C1800 has provided above.

The shock absorbers and anti-roll bars will not affect the ride height OP. I'm not sure lowering cars ever makes much sense (but that is a personal view) - but that is up to you OP. Did you take any measurements of the ride height before you fitted the 40mm shorter springs?

Some photos would help to envisage the problem OP.

:-)

Alan