Thread: C30 General : - BluePower BLP-990A
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2020, 11:55   #46
volvodude100

Wish that I would have found this forum and thread much earlier. So here is one more sucker as well. I pre-ordered the unit in December '19 with the Android Carplay-dongle and got it during January and had it installed in February. Android 9 was preinstalled.
The installation took some time even for a professional technian at the garage, and he stated that the instructions were not completely correct. Also the cable meant to connect to the display circuit-board was not making any connection and it had to be opened and plugged in properly by technician. After this the display also started to work.
Next problem was that the OSD image from the ICM board was shown overlaid all the time on the new display (climate controllers, etc). After asking via email I got pretty quick reply to download software and instructions to do the update (from Mega.nz) and after updating the unit to press the small display icon on left upper corner of the display to close the OSD overlay (the icon wasnt really on the upper left corner, but found it anyway and got rid off overlay.)
After getting the car on the road, I have noticed following things:

- Bluetooth microphone doesnt work, other party only hears some noise and cant recognize the voice. I can however here them just fine.
- Reverseradar doesnt give anymore warning-sound
- When seatbelts are off and ignition is on, there is no warning sound anymore.
- Android Auto & Carplay usb-dongle worked once, but not anymore.
- Radio worked in the beginning, but few weeks later channels started to overlap each other and often some channels have much background noise or are not found at all anymore.
- Now I have been over month without anything working, since "System UI keeps stopping"-message started to pop-up on the screen. No apps can be started and the unit doesnt react to any buttons pushed.

When asking about this I was told to to do software-update again because it had not been correctly made first time(!?) Well, since the System UI keeps crashing all the time, even the software-update option doesnt work anymore. After asking about what to do next, I waited two weeks for the email reply and sent a new email after which I got reply that I should send the unit from the glove-department to them to make the software-update.
I asked them then if they could send me a new box before I book a time from the garage to do the job and could get the old box removed and a new one installed same time the car would be there and I could send the old box back there after the swap. Almost two weeks more waiting and I sent new email and suprise suprise, I got pretty quick reply that they dont send any new box in advance.

The support has been pretty awful experience, only via email. Sometimes many weeks of waiting to simple questions and not getting answered to all of them.

I have been pretty patient and reasonable with them, but I have now booked a time from the garage to do the removal of this crappy chinese abomination and have the original system reinstalled, so I will have working system for summer. After driving and listening to music/radio straight from your phone for over month is no joy at all. Pretty much money burned for absolutely nothing, most of it goes paying technian for all the work done to first install this crap and now to remove it.
volvodude100 is offline   Reply With Quote