View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2024, 18:49   #1
Wjtn

Default Front wheel bearing spline issue?

Hello, I am in the process of fitting a new front wheel bearing and I have got to the point of putting the drive shaft into the new bearing and the spline won't push into the new bearing.
So I thought ah crap it's the wrong bearing BUT, upon removing the new bearing from the knuckle I offered it up backwards, so the 5 stud wheel/brake disc side is facing towards the knuckle/ engine and it slips on like a glove but again not the way it was intended to.
I'm new to these cars so is this something very obvious, is it just the wrong bearing? Are some tapered? The parts place I bought it from did it by Reg and it all looks and seems the same as the old one.
It feels like the spline teeth are lining up in the sense that I can't twist the shaft when I push them together so will the hub nut just pull it together if I crank it in? My research on here tells me the splines are all the same? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I need the car back on the road by Monday and I don't want to put the old one back in!
Thanks in advance,
Warwick
Wjtn is offline   Reply With Quote