Thread: 0W30 or 5W30
View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2016, 15:21   #10
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cilinder View Post
Well im an oilscientist how about that
And your statements about volvo are laughable , not all choices are made for durability but also for emissions and profit or branding alliances

My experiences with them are mediocre at best , ok not dealing with R&D but with puppets down under but it aint pretty
Amazing ! well maybe you could answer that question .. also your thoughts about the 0w/20 with volvos own specification for all the new VEA engines ?

These new 4-cylinder Drive-E engines have the recommended Castrol Edge Professional SAE 0W-20 to specification VCC RBSO-2AE fully synthetic engine oil.
This engine oil is specially developed by Castrol for the new Volvo engines in order to fulfil the requirements for the engine’s service intervals – all engines are filled with specially adapted synthetic engine oil at the factory. The choice of oil has been made very carefully with regards to service life, starting characteristics, fuel consumption and environmental impact.
An approved engine oil must be used in order that Volvo recommended service intervals can be applied. Only use a prescribed grade of oil for both filling and oil change, otherwise you will risk affecting the service life of the engine.