View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 10:22   #2
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Appreciate this isn't a technical topic but just wondered whether anyone else has felt like this about their S40?

I've owned it a year, sorted out the headlights, got the engine to 'stage 0', fitted a thick anti-roll bar on the back, but it just can't seem to really bond with the car.. I don't know what it is.

Just feels a bit soul-less... Almost like it's too reliable and too easy to drive.
You can have mine for a bit if you want? Plenty that needs sorting on that

They are a bit bland to look at, the R-Design is nice but the rear IMO, looked better on the pre-facelift with the circular reverse lights.

If you're bored of driving it, remap it, they're pretty flat in standard form but remapped are meant to be much better.

I personally find them boring due to the turbo/engine setup. The high pressure turbos on the S40 T4 and the older T5's were so much more fun, they have a proper surge of power, shove you in your seat - Great grin factor, these T5's don't do that

Personally in your shoes, I'd remap it and see how you feel about it after that.

You could also replace the stupid exhaust Volvo put on it to get a bit more grin from the engine. It's a superb sounding unit ruined by Volvo's system. You can get subtle exhausts that sound great when on the loud pedal but don't drone or sound too different at idle.

What would you replace it with?