View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 10:29   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Appreciate this isn't a technical topic but just wondered whether anyone else has felt like this about their S40?

I've owned it a year, sorted out the headlights, got the engine to 'stage 0', fitted a thick anti-roll bar on the back, but it just can't seem to really bond with the car.. I don't know what it is.

Just feels a bit soul-less... Almost like it's too reliable and too easy to drive.

When I compare it to the slower S60 that I had previous, that car had so many "design flaws" that contributed to it's character and gave the car some real character, and it also looked VERY distinctive from every angle... but I find my S40 to be just a little bit too bland to look at, even with the R-design kit. I can't find any flaws with it's design in terms of day to day usage... I guess that's a good thing but still...

I feel like the only reason I'm keeping hold of my S40, is because its reliable.

Quite torn here on whether to move on...
I would get an 850 T5 for as little as £500 raw power like it should be :-)
or get a map tune for the S40 to make it what it should be as in the big volvos , a High Pressure turbo ..