View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2018, 21:48   #69
Henners29

Default 2009 D5 XC60 screen re sealed for free!

so I bought our 2009 D5 xc60 from a private seller, on gumtree. During the the big heat we had a few months ago...

needless to say in the first big rain we had it leaked quite a bit. in the centre of the screen, and dripping out from the light unit and from under the mirror... My wife was furious at me for buying it.

So got on here, and a forum member suggested I take it to my local dealer.
So took the chance, with nothing to loose.

Had it booked in, next day had a call that it was all done, with 100% covered by volvo!
They also did a recall change on a pulley whilst it was in.

The only fee I had was £15 for a bit of wiring that needed chaging in the heating element in the camera and sensors bit in the top of screen for lane depart. (probably from water that got in?) they needed to change it before they could recalibrate it all.

Really amazed they re sealed it all free of charge even on a 9 year old car that I didn't purchase from them.
The guy booking it in said that it wasn't a recall issue but was a known fault. So it would have to be inspected first before they gave the go ahead. Someone had to come down to Cardiff to inspect it. All a lot of expense on volvos behalf. Great service!

So, I'm no longer in the wifes bad books, infact its the opposite for getting it fixed for free!

Last edited by Henners29; Sep 11th, 2018 at 22:00.
Henners29 is offline   Reply With Quote