View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2020, 10:50   #1
chrisjclark

Default 2014 D2 Cross Country Lux 5dr 1.6

Hello my wife and i have just received a 2014 D2 Cross Country Lux 5dr Powershift (well i think its Powershift) its auto any way 1.6 from a family member he is 87 and its time to give up being on the road this car was his pride and joy cleaned every week service every 3k no matter if it needed it or not. only 24k on the clock.

Poor car has been sat not getting used from about February due to covid look down in the UK and given his health problems he has not been getting out much this year. me and wife both work for the NHS so no Lockdown for us we are both working long hours and are out and about most days

As its was a private sale it did not come with any main dealers backup so have found a few issues with the car.

start stop not working had a feeling this was due to lack of use battery charge low?? it seems that one battery is under the bumper not an easy job to take out and charge... well its working again after a few days of use it did take a few days of use about 100 miles or so before it jsut started working. something to keep in mind after lockdown is lifted and many are back on the road again give it good run before taking it in for a repair.

interior rearview mirror not sure what volvo have agents usinig clips to hold the glass in place but the glue used is naff looks like is came off a few times
glass is bit banged up will look to replace.
This seems a knowing issue going by other posts i have seen.

But other them that seems a nice car Leather upholstery lots of toys to play with Bluetooth that easy to switch phones is a nice touch its not go the Nav
but i find build in navs are a pain to update and cant beat phone navigation
with real time speed cam and traps alerts.

UK Road Tax was only £20 for the year... happy days are head stay safe

PS when you can get back on the road do not drive 60 miles on road just to test your eyes go to an optician.... its safer for us all.
chrisjclark is offline   Reply With Quote