View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 19:58   #7
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireDave View Post
Only cos I like 'driving' rather than being conveyed. The other two contributory factors at play in the decision are: fuel consumption and cost of ownership.

I'm afraid I cannot agree that ebay is anyone's friend! Like most of these sales places, they are largely infested with sharks of all sizes with the occasional honest humble gold fish deeply hidden among them.
To be fair if you like driving I would reconsider the XC90. I have a mint 2012 bought from Volvo direct a few years ago with the 200HP D5. I adore it but you never ‘Drive’ an XC90, they waft along till you get to a bend where you will find even spirited driving will result in enormous body roll!

Also worth considering is the Aisin Warner Automatics which are hugely reliable and the cost of a clutch on the manual which could cost a fortune! You could probably afford a nice 2012 for the price of a 2010 with manual and a clutch replacement.

Also remember the later 2011/2012 is much more economical, slightly quicker (15BHP more) etc etc.

Just my opinion of course.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: