Thread: Amazon: - Amazon Estate Rolling Project
View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 13:02   #15
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

A wee update. All the engine parts now ordered except for the lightened flywheel which KG is going to do for me. Just need to send a couple of pics on the weekend to ensure I get the correct one. This engine building lark is certainly buring a hole in my pocket. DJS has kindly given me a B20E exhaust manifold which will match the aluminium intake that I've sourced from Biggles24, so all slowly coming together. Darren has also dropped the block off at the machine shop yesterday and will drop off the head next week, so will know next week what needs doing and when it will be done.

I'll start on overhauling the twin carbs next week starting with an Ultrasonic bath clean. We have one at work so I will try it out first with one of the spare SUs that I have. It should clean the carbs very nicely. E-mailed the guys at SU to see what service kit I will need and asked them about the RN needle that Russ (tdz840) recommended. I also bought two SU carb books from Amazon so I will do some reading (as always) when they come.

Spoke to the guys at Trigger Wheels about a megajolt package, nice helpfull guy and he's doing me a deal on a package so a nice saving there and all the parts sorted. It seems pretty straight forward the install but I'll have a read up on the weekend. For those looking for some bedtime reading: http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4...allation_guide Once the engine is rebuilt I'll get it running on the single carb, then do the twin carb swap and then finally the megajolt swap.

Hopefully some nice pics next week as all this text is a bit boring. ;-)

Last edited by Burdekin; Apr 29th, 2011 at 13:06.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote