View Single Post
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 16:49   #17
mbren30

Well, I have just come back inside from spending the last 30 mins cleaning my turbo governor.

Very simple job thanks to the guide provided by RAN60 and others who contributed.

The mesh on mine was black so I gave it a good squirt of brake cleaner and blew into the leg as instructed, initially blowing into it was very difficult but got easier after a couple more blasts of cleaner. Put everything back together then start her up. I revved the engine hard and came off the gas which normally results in the pssst sound from the turbo area. Try as I might I couldn't hear it! Took her out for a quick trip round the block and it certainly feels more responsive. I'll know for definite if the psssst sound has gone when I go back in work tomorrow as I drive down the side of the building that's when I used to hear it the most, here's hoping it's gone.

All in all I'm happy with the results, quick easy job to do and cost me 3.99 for the brake cleaner. Just wondering how often this would need to be done as I imagine it would slowly clog up again over time.

Thanks to all that contributed to come up with this cure.
mbren30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbren30 For This Useful Post: