Thread: Front brakes
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2019, 16:41   #5
trumpetdropper

I always try to use the best quality disc I can afford together with the corresponding matching pads from the same brand.
So if i'm using a Brembo disc then I would use a Brembo pad as they are designed to be used with each other and usually bed in and wear together appropriately.
The previous owner of my T6, although having Volvo discs fitted just a few months before I had it, matched them with cheap pads (pagid - i think) which completely fubar-ed the discs in next to no time.

The brakes sounded like poring boiling water on a bag of cats and would even squeal horrendously when reversing with no brake applied!?.

These cars are physically heavy and the brakes need to work hard, creating lots of heat in the disc, which can easily distort them or glaze up the pads, so quality always dividends in the end.

I am trying Brembo discs/pads on the T6, as I used them on many other cars and found them to be satisfactory. (I appreciate that my old Saab Turbo, V70 T5 and Alfa 159 were much lighter cars - but god did the brakes get some stick and the Brembo always inspired confidence!)

Andy