View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2016, 21:02   #15
Thrustyjust

Volvo were quick to say they would remove the screen and glue it back in, so they know of the problem, but are washing their hands for the windscreen should it break. I have now had a call from the local dealer, after I emailed Volvo to say that they should cover the windscreen should it break. They didn't even have the decency to contact me, which just about sums them up customer relations at Volvo UK and leave it to the dealer to call me. Bunch of pansies. I will have a chat with my neighbour at the weekend. he works for Thatcham Research , those people who test cars for safety and I'll see what he says about selling cars with safety defects and not recalling them and taking full responsibility on making sure they are 100%. I am sure he might know someone who can look into this for me. Personally I wouldn't silicon the windscreen in, as it is loose from the roof and is more a safety issue now than just water coming in, as the screen supports the roof structure should you roll the car or have something land on the roof. I'll chat the citizen advice as well, as its peanuts to Volvo and a defect they should resolve and not cost me or my windscreen insurance. Another poor Volvo CR decision. I wont buy another Volvo after this, too many issues in the 20 months I have owned it .
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote