View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 16:00   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsiss View Post
As long as you don’t order a downpipe as their are for LHD so don’t need to avoid a steering column, I also seem to remember reading about the flanges not being in the correct position too but that was a few years ago
I found 2 systems listed on OBX Racings site - one for USA cars and the other for EU spec cars. That suggests at one time Volvo built cars in the USA (whether from scratch or CKD form) and they had different exhausts, with the tailpipe exiting on the left of the car.

The one i picked and found on fleabay is for the EU spec cars so should be a straight fit, it's cat-back anyway and i couldn't find a header (as the manifold/downpipe is called stateside) except for one turbo model which appeared to be a 5 cylinder 940

THe system i listed above should fit almost all 7/9xx models as most of them (even the diseasels) use the same system from the cat back. I don't have a cat on mine (thankfully!) but it replicates the middle pipe/box back so should be ok.

However, i already have a stainless internal/polycarbonate external rear box with twin tail pipes so it's only the middle box i really need to sort, the fron pipes and box were renewed a couple of years back but the middle box is getting a bit chuffy round the seams/welds.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote