View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2018, 16:40   #117
aland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsymes2k View Post
I do a regular run of 440mile round trip and average around 30k miles a year.

There are a lot of variables here and comparing "XC90 to XC90" just won't cut it, different tyres, different servicing, different oil, different tyre pressures, different weather conditions (Wind direction of drive etc etc) You will only be able to see the benefits of your own car on your own car on your own route, on a regular basis...

But what I can tell you is... If I run 2 x tanks back to back on V-Power I generally get an extra 58 miles in a tank, there also seems to be a long-term effect by doing 2 tanks back to back where if I change back to regular diesel after v-power I can keep getting slightly better mileage for around another 3-5 refuels...

If I just run 1 x tank of V-Power it has some benefit but nothing like running 2 x tanks back to back.
Thats very similar to my experience. I notice it more on my V70 D5 163 than my XC90 D5 185, probably because I used to do lots of long trips in the V70, and noted the mileage every fill-up.

Like you, first tank on V-power gave a slight mileage improvement. Second tank a significant improvement.
My XC does many short journeys and long journeys towing a heavy caravan. V-Power (or BP Ultimate) improves the range enough to be worthwhile.

Past: V70 D5, 855 T5, 940, V40 T4, S40
aland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aland For This Useful Post: