View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2020, 07:01   #2
230ina245

Hi Polar
I recovered mine in a quite high quality vinyl. (black leathergrain).
It needs to be the two way stretch variety - you can run up some sexy tight shorts with any extra you have left over!
I simplified things by filling in the depression on the top of the dash at the right of the steering wheel so I just had a smooth dash to cover - never used that for anything anyway. I wish I had filled in the larger depression on the passenger side also - would have made things a lot simpler. Anything I put in those depressions ends up on the floor anyway & passengers tend to use it as a rubbish bin.
I had to use a seperate piece for the return to the instrument panel. I think I watched a few youtube videos of other people covering stuff to get an idea of how to go about it.
It seems quite straightforward until you get the glue on & then it all goes to pot!
You need to use a high temp contact adhesive (Frost sell it). The stuff in the spray cans will NOT cut it. (They don't tell you on the can but they are not high temp) It may be fine at first if you can get the stretchy bits to stick but will come off later.
Take your time, plan what you are doing in advance, do a bit at a time & you should be ok.
Tim
230ina245 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 230ina245 For This Useful Post: