View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2015, 10:20   #26
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnwood View Post
The Tesla Model S can do 250 miles on a single charge if driven sensibly. How often do you actually drive further than that in a single day in a year? If you do have to travel from one end of the country to the other (or across Europe for that matter) you can stop at one of the free Superchargers and have a cuppa while it gives you an 80% charge in 15 minutes http://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/fin...er&name=Europe. I want to stretch my legs every 4 hours of driving anyway.

[/url]
Often enough is my answer. Often with the car loaded so that range gets less, going up and down hills which takes more off again. I then don't want to spend half of my journey planning where I can stop and hoping no one else is on the charger point. There are enough worries involved in a family journey without throwing in will the car just run out of juice and stop on me.

Chargers may be free for now but that can't last and frankly why should it. They will suit some people but they need to keep eeking that range further and further. I am looking forward to going fully electric, personally I don't get excited by an engine noise so the quiet of electric appeals, but I suspect I will have to go hybrid first of all, if those prices ever come down. To sum up, keen to change but not there yet.