View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 18:35   #1
Hemanrobbie

Default 98 V70 Trailer electrics

Hi all,

New here so hi, thanks for having me!!!

Really sorry if this a repeated question but I am really stumped, and have looked high and low for the answer.

Many years ago I removed the standard Volvo tow bar (the huge scaffolding pole one that bolts behind the bumper connector plates) I have now recently reinstalled it and have bought a none oem electrical trailer socket and standard (white, black, blue, yellow, red, green, brown, etc.) Cable to connect to it.

My issue is trying to find/remember how to connect the socket cable work into the car. I have searched for wiring diagrams but nothing details my setup (I might be looking for the wrong thing!!). I have found a wiring harness (think I remember it being connected to this before I took the bar off), which consists of 2 black sockets/plugs with an array of coloured cables, one being a fatter yellow with a white stripe.

Is this the correct connector for the trailer and if so does anyone now where I can find a diagram which shows what the cables are for so I know what to splice into??

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Rob
Hemanrobbie is offline   Reply With Quote