View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 02:05   #50
Russki

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
OK, I will admit to being the poster of that comment....

Unfortunatly I can only say it as I find it and I maintain that close friends and others vehicles that I have been in have been very unreliable and that based on this I would not buy or consider a conversion.

Due to the nature of my work I purchase my vehicle privately and then charge 45P for the first 10,000 miles and 20P there after (I do 15-25K a year).

If I thought I could buy an LPG equipped car and run it whilst claiming 45P a mile I would do so this afternoon.

Based on experience however I don't feel I can.

To me LPG is a somewhat niche offering which is really applicable to those with the knowledge and ability to run them, a personal interest and ability to work from home or get paid if they break down.

For the average person who runs a 2012 model car onwards (as I do) and who is not interested in tinkering they are not really a reliable product based on what I have seen.

The EML on is now an MOT failure despite assurances from an LPG owner on here that its not.

My post above was regarding someone looking into converting a 2018 model T6 and I voiced my opinion that this is likely more complex and involved than they may think.

Its not for me, if you have been successful and have not had EML on etc then that's great, I am happy for you.
Oh my god! What an eye opener! Please travel to Ukraine and tell all of those private taxi drivers that they should stop immediately, because they unknowingly drive LPG all the time and it is so popular that almost any petrol station there now sells LPG.

I seen one guy with 230l of LPG tank in his a4 avant
Russki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russki For This Useful Post: