View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2018, 23:44   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

First of all Dan, stop buying all the 940s in the world!

Second, i've left a comment on your other thread, between what i've suggested and/or what the other person who has commented has suggested, you should find the exhaust problem. Failing that, Demand Engineering can make you a stainless steel one that will do what you want it to and never need replacing - just down the road from you in Ipswich.

Third, do you still have the secondhand set of clear/red rear lights? Might be interested in doing a deal on those if so.

Last of all, any 940 is going to be 20+ years old now. Unless you're exceptionally lucky, there will be minor body imperfections. Also likely to be trim niggles and so on.
However there shouldn't be any major damage or missing trim - one door card in a different colour counts as missing as it needs replacing, either that or it's 3 bits missing, depending which way you look at it.

The air-con sounds like a regas unless there are more symptoms?

The indicator is quite common too, had to replace the indicators on my 760 because the fixings were broken. One was still ok but i got a good deal on a pair of clear so went with that. Might even have the old "Tango'd" indicator/sidelight in the shed if i can find it.

Bottom line is, your best bet is find a decent car for a base and spend some money on that to make it right and keep it, you can run round chasing your tail trying to find a perfect one, it's either going to cost you a lot of money or won't exist.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: