View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 16:13   #8
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soares71 View Post
I am contemplating to buy a cheap central lock receiver with 2 fobs kit at ebay and do the installation. You mentioned you did yours. Could you tell me where the central lock wires for the 4 doors and tailgate connectors are located. I want to use the original volvo acutuators.

I recently replaced the central control locking unit of my 2005 C70 which is the same unit used on the P2 V70's with a unit from a breaker that came complete with 2 key fobs - try "Minty" on this forum.

The '98 V70 P1 has either the same unit used in the earlier 850s up to mid/late 1998 or the later '98 updated unit which is also used in some of the "cross-over" P2's - the C70 (850 based) uses the same unit 1998 to 2005. If you buy a second hand unit, that unit should come with the fob(s) which will be coded to it. The unit is a straight swap over and takes only a few minutes to do depending upon how easy you find it to get in under the dash immediately above the accelerator pedal in an RHD car.

To check which unit you need use a mirror and torch to establish which unit you have - if you slide off the unit from its bracket without removing the multi-plugs it has just enough slack on the cables to be able to read the part number which makes sure you get the right replacement - you don't even need to slide it back on the bracket - it will just hang there on the cables until you can get a replacement.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post: