View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 10:00   #7
37 RUBY
Master Member

Unfortunately you will need someone other than me for a definitive answer, someone who is well versed in canbus systems.
However I do know from experience that it doesn't like noise or interference as this disrupts the signals sent and received. This can be as simple as a pin connector that is not as tight as it should be or corrosion in a terminal. A broken wire going to earth could also be the culprit. I've read threads of XC60 owners who located fray cables near the alternator.

It is also well documented for P3 V70/XC70 that there have been instances of water ingress corroding the terminal block of the CEM causing all manner of error codes.
Might be prudent to disconnect the CEM and check each pin. Don't forget to disconnect the battery and give it a while to discharge before you do or you'll trigger loads of other error codes.

Voltage is also very important. Canbus doesn't like voltage drop. Check at the battery what you have.
I've also read threads where people have replaced a tired battery and cured their issues.

Best of luck. Lettuce snow how you get on.

Cheers

Dave
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 37 RUBY For This Useful Post: