Thread: General: - S40/V50 buying advice
View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2019, 20:24   #5
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'd also read a lot about DPF issues on the 4 pot engines, so I went to look at a few D5s today. The first 2 had sold already (!), but the last one was an absolute peach so we bought it.

Its in mint condition, and although it has the fabric interior, it is like new and very comfy. The test drive was very reassuring. As mentioned ^^^ the autobox is slushy, but once its doing its thing it pulls like a train. Nice 5 cylinder grumbliness too Brakes progressive if a bit weak, so I'll refresh the fluid and might put some EBC Ultimax pads on along with Rainsport tyres - it has Nexens on at the moment. Otherwise it was a terrific drive and I'm delighted with it.

It a 2008 D5 SE Lux in electric blue. 71k miles, full VSH, cambelt done, and a fresh MoT is being put on it next week. It also has the IKEA wood trim which I really wanted Oh yes - no DPF ! yes!!!

I can't wait to pick it up! I'll post some pics when I get it.

Thanks again for the pointers
RT
if it were me id check the pads/disks and replace with gen volvo ones,
mine had "padgid" pads and unsure on the disks (at 120K miles i cant see them being gen) replaced pads/disks with gen volvo ones Much better + far nicer breaking
(mines the 2.4 petrol )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post: