View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 13:27   #107
V70P3Zone

Default Another V70 Windscreen Leak

I've had a leak from the windscreen on my 2008 V70 D5 Sport since I bought it 3.5 years ago. The thing is, it only seemed to leak if I parked with the nose facing downhill.

Well more fool me for leaving it!! Recently all my heater controls stopped working! After much Googling and investigation it turned out to be a faulty climate control unit. I took it to Volvo Diagnostics at Tilbury and they were superb. They had it all sorted within 3 hours and their charge was very reasonable. The guy said my unit had been damaged by water ingress, oops!

Back to the leak, I've read that in some cases Volvo UK has paid for the re-bonding, so I thought why not ask them. so I went onto their chat. This was their reply;

"I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with a leaking windscreen in your Volvo. Whilst we appreciate your concerns, that the bonding on the windscreen should not wear and last the lifetime of a car. However, failures can occur and Volvo like other car manufacturers cannot guarantee that the parts and components in our cars will last a lifetime.

Regrettably, as your Volvo is outside its manufacturer's warranty, we were unable to cover the cost of re-bonding on the windscreen of your Volvo and best if you contact your insurance company for support."

I'm not surprised, it's what I expected but I thought if you don't ask, you don't get! But at least we now know Volvo UK's official position.

By the way, does anyone know a decent windscreen company in the Preston, Lancashire area who can do the re-bonding? (And yes I know that there's a chance they might crack the screen but that's a risk I'll have to take.)

Thanks in advance.
V70P3Zone is offline   Reply With Quote