View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 11:43   #7
230ina245

O come on guys - we've all been there - problem with your engine? - no need to bother lifting the cylinder head, just hop on a plane to Sweden & spend £15K on another used engine!
I suppose the purpose of the program is entertainment so if it has a loud engine & goes relatively fast thats ok.
I was also disapointed, hoping to see something good (other than the 245) I had recorded the program hoping it would be better the second time. However, I've just watched it again & noticed that in one of the shots of it on the trailer it has an all clear indicator lense(?) which was not shown again. Also, when the drawing of what the finished car would look like was revealed she had drawn the front indicator style & lower spoiler from the later models!
OK so the program is a pale copy of various popular American series - I could imagine Richard Rawlins saying "I can't pay you 15 thousand pounds for that engine man - would you take £1750?"
Tim
It must have been rehearsed a few times for him not to blanche at that price. They could have put an LS engine in for cheaper. And a T4 ! Jimmy "helped" build a 700hp T5 in Engine Addict a couple of years earlier.
OK - rant over - I feel a bit better for it! I suppose they managed to upset the purists but not restoring it more & did not satisfy the customisers by going at it halfassed.
230ina245 is offline   Reply With Quote