View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2016, 11:50   #31
Jay850t5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
It's obviously in your interest to make out Vida is difficult to install because you're selling a laptop on here for over £300 which is quite frankly a rip off.
Your advert also contains some blatant misinformation.

Vida 2014d is not difficult to install.
You don't need to format Windows
You can have a fully Windows updated laptop including dot net Framework updates.
I install Vida 2014d at least once a week as I do random checks on the DVDs I include with Dice and it's the same easy install result every time.
I'm going with my own experience. Certain laptops we tried were too new (hardware was too new), one had XP on it but had major issues with the .net framework and browser. Vida reported everytime that there was an issue on installation and would then hang and not install.

Another laptop had Windows 7 home edition. I couldnt even start the Vida installation on this. Tried installing a Virtual Box and XP mode but then for whatever reason installing XP mode corrupted the soundcard. I'm not making this up. It had been the bane of my life for the last week. I was merely replying to your comment saying its very simple which IMO it really isnt.

Thanks.
Jay850t5 is offline   Reply With Quote