Thread: Other S60 Problem: - Erractic Remote Central Locking Operation.
View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 15:46   #4
gramsey438

Local QRM or interference as the radio hams amongst us would call it did spring to mind at the time, however as the system started behaving I have not investigated that avenue of attack as yet.

I do however have various radio`s and a freq counter to hand should the problem rear it`s head again.

In answer to one of the replies I do not have a service key, both keys are the std type and are both recognised by the car ok when the system behaves.

As far as the alarm unit is concerned it is still the original and has not been changed. I am aware of the leaking internal battery issues but for obvious reasons I am not going to go down the route of removing it, repairing or replacing on the basis of one random issue.

I have not had any issues with random activations of the alarm either as yet. If problems do continue to occur I will remove fuse and see if it has any impact.

Main reason for the post was to get a heads up on any known issues if any to my particular symptons and help target the investigation in the right area.

Thanks to the forum members that have responded so far.

URL=http://www.fuelly.com/car/volvo/s60/2003/gramsey438/674201][/URL]
gramsey438 is offline   Reply With Quote