View Single Post
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 14:31   #16
TomSaintJames

If it had a B230, it would probably have been OK for the time being, with a +T planned in its future. However, the B200 is not up to the job.

Basically what Dave said.

My car knowledge is general but basic, and I've never messed with engine stuff before. Without going into daddy issues and all that, mechanical knowledge and skills etc is something that would have cool to be passed down, both my grandad and dad are very practical and handy, dad's a consultant engineer and my grandad more or less built his own house. So whilst I at least have a potential genetic predisposition for being handy, i'm mostly ignorant! Figuring stuff out on your own can be fun (also can be awful!) at least with the hearse there has, and hopefully will continue to be, excellent support on here!

Another issue is time, over the last couple of years I've had to more or less do another bachelor of science degree in my *spare time*, outside of a full time job. Also the house needs a lot doing to it, and the garden, family, friends... You get the idea? What i'd really like to be doing though is playing in the shed, building a better engine for the hearse, and learning all about it in the process. I'd nearly finished building the shed too, before this academic year kicked off.

I think/hope the 2.5 n/a will be all well and good for now, when the camper project is further along (or even started!) and we have LPG tanks, water tanks, carpentry and fittings etc it may very well benefit from a turbo to cope with all the extra weight. But that will likely be a way off.

If it's a relatively low pressure turbo, I don't have to worry about altering the compression ration, right? Not that i'm planning ahead for +T or anything...
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: