View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 03:39   #4
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Default RE: 1979 343..advice

yes mate, one and the same!!...i paid slightly less than the asking price!! the bu**er wouldnt budge...he was a really nice guy and the car obviously holds a lot of sentimental attachment for him having been owned by his dad(now dead) then his mum, then finally handed down to him, and it does appear to be a wee cracker..i actually thought he was gonna keep it at one point!!.i had actually left and was on my way back to dundee when the reality hit me..where would i find another timewarp volvo like it, so i called him back an bought it...and people who know me will tell ya, i HATE loosing the haggling part!!! not sure bout gas yet..it hasnt been run on lpg for many, many years so will get my tame garage monkey to check it out first..he has 3 lpg motors!!!..will post some pics soon as i get it up to my house..i pick it up from my dads in ayrshire tomorrow...i never knew they were so rare..thanks for the advice...might be on the search for a set of minilite copys or glt alloys now!!..should it be ok on unleaded with the gas conversion, or should i put an additive in too?
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote