View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 22:18   #3
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

That link looks interesting.

For what it may be worth I bought the genuine Volvo tool in August 2010 from a Volvo dealer in or near Colchester. My note is:

Crankshaft Pulley Tool
Part number 9995284
£29.60 plus VAT.
From Sweden ... two working days.

If I were looking for one now I would try FRF Volvo dealer parts department in Swansea. 01792 790066 or 01792 784272 - Quoting discount code: C3.
I find they give an excellent postal or courier service at sensible prices and other forum members speak well of them. Oh and their courier (Interlink) give a two hour delivery time slot.

I think the tool is well worth buying especiallyif one is keeping the car. And I guess it will have a second hand value in due course. But the more experienced forum members have ways of doing the job without the tool. There's a list of techniques in a post somewhere in the forum.

Edit P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford Pope View Post
There are several ways:
1) special tool that clamps pulley
2) big socket on nut, wedge long breaker bar against the chassis, give a quick flick of the starter motor
3) Put in 4th gear, handbrake on, try turning breaker bar by hand, or giving it a wack with a hammer
4) Impact wrench with air line
5) Rope trick - feed string into a plug hole, wind crank so that the piston is locked. Remove string afterwards!
6) Cheat - cut slit in lower plastic cover so that you can remove it, leaving the pulley in situ.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Oct 10th, 2016 at 22:24.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: