View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 17:09   #11
Phil Russell

Interesting thread. I have fitted the F1s to the front wheel of my 2004 V70. They seem to have made a difference but not eliminated the problem ... I am wondering if they should go on the rear as well.
Having fitted the Goodyear tyres I got tyre rub on full lock ... none with the Pirellis.
I am having stops / limiters put on the steering arms (rack?) by Marshal Volvo in Cambridge as a warranty job (should have been done yesterday but after delivering car to them and returning 2hrs later, as agreed, I was told they had been sent the wrong parts. It is boked in again for next week). I discussed tyre rub with the mechanic. He did not mention bigger 'buffer stops' (a logical and simple solution that I suspect even I could do!) and when I asked why they do not simply shim out the existing stops he said it would upset the control arms. He also said that the tyre rub does not affect all cars ... this makes me wonder what tolerances they work to in assembly! And also that the rub will go as the tyre edge wears down.
I measured the width of the F1s as about 1cm wider than the P6000s.
Cheers, Phil
Phil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote