View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 13:27   #27
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTech View Post
Can't say for certain but I think it's the 64bit system that it doesn't like. Others will be up to help shortly.
HTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Underhill View Post
Hi

I'm having similar problems installing VIDA 2012A on Win 7 Pro 64bit. My initial installation went without a hitch and worked fine. However, I inadvertently left the language at German so needed to reinstall. Having un-installed through Control Panel, all further attempts to re-install have failed despite reverting to pre-VIDA install Windows restore points and manually removing files and directories involving VIDA. Despite my best attempts to remove all traces I think it still sees instances of the previous installation which might be the issue? It's driving me daft after about 20 attempts to re-install!

If there is an IT guru out there who can sort me out I shall be most grateful.

The latest installation log files are below.

Cheers

John
John I believe that VIDA doesn't like working on 64bit, you might be better of either installing 32bit or run 32bit as a Virtual Machine.

When you done your initial install did it work and let you into VIDA with username admin? or was the box greyed out? When you say it doesn't work what do or don't you get?

There are various bits to VIDA are you also sure you uninstalled them all?

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote