View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 23:04   #9
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Edmondson View Post
I did a tank full recently and noticed absolutely no difference at all, was a bit disappointed!
How much fuel did you have in the car to start with prior to filling up with V-Power? Was the V-Power being diluted by the fuel already in the tank?

On my last car which was a 2.2 TD I always used V-Power and I could always tell the differencce when I didn't. On V-Power the engine would be more responsive, definitely quieter, smoother and would get approx 10% further per tank.

I was travelling 160miles per day on the daily commute then there was the normal weekend stuff (shops, trips away etc..) was doing 30,000+ miles per year.

On a long run (would often do 540miles one way to see the folks) and if I had used supermarket fuel I would get about 600miles to the tank but with V-Power I would regularly get the 650 to 660 and the max I ever got was 680 (60ltr tank). Round town and general use I'd get about 510 - 530 per tank, I do miss that sort of mileage now I've my V50 T5.

My car had 160,000 miles on it when I changed to the T5 and never had a single problem any part of the fuel or exhaust system and EGR valves were very common place on these vehicles, I can only attribute my great fortune to running on V-Power.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote