View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 17:23   #1
BAK1985

Exclamation AWD Disable Error Message - Read Out Date & Time

Summary: Can a dealer read out how long an error message has been there (duration, date/time) or if there is a log of messages with date/time to it in the board computer?

Explanation:

Hi All,

I'm in a peculiar situation.

Last Friday 4 November around 1700h I noticed the message that my AWD was disabled and should go in for service. As it was after 5 o'clock, weekend and the car was still driving I got round calling the dealer the Monday after and dropped the car of on Wednesday.

Conclusion "Rear diff oil pump internal fault, require pump and oil". So far so good, besides the fact the car was fully serviced 4 weeks before that, but that is beyond the point of this topic.

I bought a second hand Volvo XC60 (2012) a year a go on the 4th of November 2015 from VolvoSelekt, so it came with 1 years warranty. Which is the reason I serviced it a month before the warranty came up and I wasn't planning to extend.

The problem that you can can now all guess is that the 500 pound fix of the oil pump does not fall within the term of the warranty. My dealer didnt really go the way to convince the underwriter it happened within the warranty time (as I called it in 3 days later).

Though to be honest what are the chances of it happening on the last day of the warranty. Also I should have taken a movie/picture etc. Which was suggested by the underwriter after I called them myself. Regardless, they said if I can prove it happened on the 4th of Nov before 24:00h he would cover it.

The way I think I could prove it is from the board computer they read out with every service. The question is, can the dealer read out how long the error message has been there (duration, date/time)? They havent been particular helpful yet and I would really like to know from somebody if it is actually possible and if that meta-data is logged at all. Before they tell me to go away, I would like to know if I'm asking something impossible or not (e.g. is it worth to keep pushing them).

All your help/knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Anthony

Last edited by BAK1985; Nov 9th, 2016 at 17:25.
BAK1985 is offline   Reply With Quote