View Single Post
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 17:43   #284
ksmi
Master Member

Cool The Great Change-over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysyphus View Post
I heard that cars driving on the right would be brought in experimentally in July... and if the experiment is a success then lorries, vans and buses would change over in January.
Hi Sysyphus, When I was in the States in '79?,visiting a cousin in Delaware,he told me about the arrangements for petrol rationing related to licence plates ending with odd or even numbers. gas could be purchased on odd days followed by even days. he had a Tennessee plate on one end and a Delaware plate on the other.one odd and one even. He was a bit eccentric,like the rest of us! We were in a filling station and he was commenting to the guy serving us, on the large salaries paid by the oil companies to the people who positioned the gas pumps,they new Exactly where to place them,otherwise they would be dry,the attendant probably thought we were all bonkers! Anyway,I digress,perhaps we could utilize that method and all those vehicles with odd numbers could change one day,and the evens no's next day etc. In the meantime shares in Body Shops???? By the way why not change over on your side of the pond? and you can join in the fun!

Regards,Keith.