View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 07:34   #29
domhart10
Volvo S40

Right I see what you are trying to get at, but to be honest the S40 was build to be a comfort, practical, safe, reliable, cruiser. All those quirks you listed are really defects and with time obviously cars have got better, any car you upgrade to will be a similar thing.

So its either you get a really old car with the defects you are after or you can mod your current S40 which is on a reliable platform. My S40 has tonnes of quirks which keep me massivle happy with it but its far from standard so if you like the rear anti roll bar mod you did I would suggest going a bit further in the handling area.

My S40 quirks.

- My rear anti roll bar mated with the coilovers make the rear end of the car step out incredibly easily. Lift of over steer is part of its handling characteristics. I could soften this to fix this problem but love it how it handles as its incredibly good fun and as firm as a rock.

- I guess a quirk for me is that these cars look quite simple that its boring to a lot of people and understated for the engine that it has.

- Love how exhausting the car is to drive! feels massivly involved with how it handles with the handling package it has. Its completly different to the norm S40 where it just doesnt do long distances now and only likes short distances or tracks.

I could list out loads of other quirks but you get the idea

I kind of agree with you on how you're feeling with your S40 but I guess thats why I have done all these mods and can defenitly say its a completly different car. So I guess its either you get an older car or a supercar but even the supercars are now becoming very convenient mile crunchers with comfort.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote