View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2018, 14:58   #20
Ianb2010

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
Note that the manual D5 version falls into the lower road tax bracket than the auto, as well as being slightly more efficient.

The best performance is from the rare V8 version, which I keep looking for, but they are auto only, £535 road tax and only do about 18MPG!!
The auto is a must really, I have a manual car and a manual van at the moment and the wife doesn't like driving either particularly due to being manuals.. and truth be told, my legs getting fed up of the clutch these days.

As for a V8, as wonderful as that.would be, I'm definitely not up for £500+ tax a year... When I went to the dealers earlier he asked me whether I was interested in a Discovery4 that he had on the lot, I said "not at over £500 a year tax!"

Plus couple that all with the fact I'm looking at spending less than 5k, last thing I want is to end up paying the cars value in tax in a few years!......as much as I'd love as safe as a V8.. I have a squint at the ML's, the wife was having none of an ML500 AMG

-_- she doesn't know much about cars, but knows enough about engine sizes and their relation to fuel economy!
Ianb2010 is offline   Reply With Quote