View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 17:07   #21
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
I do not find mine crashy or floaty at any time, sometimes crashy (once) over speed bumps to fast, but on the whole I think the set up is pretty good, and better with polestar. (I have air suspension)

I do not have anything to compare to, never driven any other Volvos, but compared to my last car an AMG GLA 45 it Cleary is not as good road holding or handling, but that said it is better than I was expecting it to be, little more body roll of course, but you can corner and drive it pretty quick, I do not even find the steering a problem, lighter than the AMG, but positive and never thinking where it is or what it is going to do next.
On the plus side it is a much more comfortable ride than the AMG for sure.

I have read the posts in this thread, but there is no base line only peoples opinions, which is really not a guide for compare.

I might add, I was rather surprised how good the 21" wheels were noise and tramline wise was expecting them to be far worse, I had 19" winters on AMG, I have 19" winters on XC60 and drive is slightly worse as higher walled etc. but still surprisingly good for what a T8 is.

I have it set in low ride height and stiffer suspension ride in my most used mode "individual" I have made for myself.

If there is a difference of ride height and stiffness in a T8 between DP and Inscription that would make a fair bit of difference
From what Haldex says the air suspension on the R-Design Pro and Inscription Pro is identical unlike the standard springs.

So the only difference between our cars would be the slightly different alloy sizes. I think I need to try a T8 XC60 on Air Suspension with 21" wheels and see if its my wheels that are making it a bit crashy. The D5 XC60 with air suspension and 21" wheels on it feels a lot tauter and better controlled than mine but I'm guessing that's not entirely down to the wheels its probably also weight and weight location and drivetrain.

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote