View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 11:21   #23
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
We are definitely too quick to want to swap these days, latest tech / whizzy gadget or whatever drives that desire. I can say that not having kept any car for more than two years for ages....

I now have an Audi SQ5 petrol which currently ticks all my boxes - and I should aim to keep it longer. But I also have a station car to save it from the risks associated with 10 hours a day in that environment - and a bit of me thinks if that car is reasonably practical I could get a Jag XK8 as my weekend car...

Sometimes it’s easier when life puts constraints around what you need as this “want” lark gets dangerous..
Yes, the ‘need’ 'want' problem. I too have had a station car for ages, the last was a Peugeot that was just indefatigable. Now my role has changed and I needed a work car, hence the V40. The ‘want’ car is the fun bit but I do not want three cars. I would rather my wife had the newer as she does less miles and treats the cars with a lot more respect than I. The only problem is my wife would have the cheapest should could find that was reliable but my ‘want’ would be to put her in something far better. She calls me a car snob.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote