View Single Post
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 19:57   #39
Marc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
From information I read a while ago:

D2 & D3 = 1 turbo
D4 & D5 = 2 turbos
This is my understanding also, but there can often be confusion and what makes matters worse is dealers often have no clue themselves.
I've heard a few times that potential buyers would look to buy a D2 and a simple remap would put it into D4/5 territory output wise, but a think some caution needs to be taken if you think this, whilst the engines may share the same architecture they may have different turbo set-ups which will limit the maximum potential output, there is some sense in buying a D2 and unlocking it to say a D3 level, but do not assume a D2 is simply a detuned D4/5.

Look at polestars offerings on the D4 with a tune to 200hp from 190 (although the 190 can easily reach 200 bhp even on the stock map) and torque up from 450 to 470 ish. Rica on the other hand state a possible maximum of 230hp from there remaps of the D4 well into D5 territory.
Which makes sense as Polestar is an arm (well now it's wholly owned by) Volvo why would they simple offer a warranty assured remap to D5 outputs for around £800, they need to keep some distance to between the D4/5
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote