Thread: Amazon: - Undersealing an amazon!
View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 10:52   #5
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspod View Post
Thank you! Unfortunately it's not the cheapest thing to have done and it's a full 3 day process, but would rather get it done properly! And ever since i got it 9 years ago, i've been dealing with ramifications from the poorly done underseal of a previous owner so would prefer it managed by a professional first. I have been assured it would be fully taken down, rust attended to, and then treated (with full photos as a before and after). But glad to hear the product is well recommended, and hopefully in future instances I can treat it myself!
Sounds like you are going all out and spending a lot of money

One thing that might be worth considering:-

I assume you will have some sort of guarantee for such a decent job so I'm not sure if the people doing the job will want to mix in another product before applying their choice of underseal product BUT

I have had really good experiences with a cold galvanising paint called Zinga.

[WARNING:- I've been banging on about this product on other threads!]

Zinga has a fairly rough finished surface (especially when brushed or rolled) but is very good as a sacrificial rust combatant. In my opinion it is ideal as a rust treatment product over which something with a similarly rough surface finish will be applied.

Note - not all products are able to be directly applied onto a zinc coating. In the Land Rover world there is talk about a mordant solution (not sure if the spelling for that word is correct) which etches a surface where as other "worlds" talk about etch primers. As Dinitrol is a kind of magic goo oil product I'm assuming direct application onto Zinga wouldn't be a problem but for a job where a thrid party is giving a guarantee there will undoubtedly need to be a disccussion...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Army For This Useful Post: