View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:17   #14
Dan F
Premier Member

Default RE: '99 V40 2.0T with (almost) all the goodies

Hi Mike.
The changes in performance are really quite dramatic, but the fuel consumption goes up somewhat, but that is probably due to me making more use of the loud pedal than anything else!! ;-)

There are some different variations of the device, and I am using the extreme one normally reserved for T5s. It has put my car on the very llimit of the stock ECUs parameters and probably the injectors as well. The next one down will probably be better suited to an auto.
Top speed can go down if you adjust the wastegate as the intake temp goes up quicker there by making the ECU limit boost sooner and robbing the engine of boost at higher speeds.
50-70 in 4th in my car takes 3.7 seconds, but it is manual though. Standard car is 5.2 seconds.
30-70 Through the gears is 5.9 seconds in a standard manual car in mine it is 4.7 seconds.
0-60 in a standard car is 7.4 seconds (read 6.9, never understood that as I always got sub 7 second times when it was stock), but in mine (getting traction with this beast is very hard, I haven't managed to do it with no wheelspin yet, daren't turn the DSA off...)it is 6.1 seconds. Good job that 0-60 isn't the best indicator as accelerating whilst moving and making the other car look like it is standing still is the most fun!!
All these times are the average of 4 attempts, some dry and some wet and with the average temp at 12C.

Hope that helps,
Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote