View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2019, 23:14   #17
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post

So tell me this? In answer to the original thread OP how many 2018 XC90 T6 models have you converted? Assume it didn’t effect the warrenty? Assume it didn’t effect the resale and that it was an easy and cheap installation?

Best Regards and happy new year.
I can't answer the the OP to the original thread. He never gave use the full details of the car. It could have been no newer than a 2017 as that is when the post was made. The OP has only ever made that one post so I can not help him further. It would most likely be a older model T6 that have been converted 100's of times but we are speculating

Yes I am in the industry so I see a lot of cars both converted well and badly. A new install and you have comback on the installer. Buy a car that was converted years ago if you don't know what you are looking at you are taking a chance but LPG converted cars dont especially sell for a higher price.

Manuafctures do not cover modifications hence why most LPG converted cars are either after warranty (you can buy a warranty) or factory fitted conversions.

Conversion easy? No T6 is easy but some cars are simple other are not

Cheap, buy cheap buy twice but no need to spend over teh odds either

The real thing you need to point out is are you doing the miles to both cover teh cost of conversion and start saving money. Do the maths before doing teh conversion that is a point everyone can agree on. Also do not forget to factor in servicing costs. If you will not see your money back in the first 12 months it is likely not worth it for you. Classics is another story

Happy New Year

Only attempting to educate you as have other being trying to do so
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote