View Single Post
Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 14:33   #20
cyclogenesis

I have regularly written to my MP about the government's approach. I pay VED tax at full rate even though I have one of the cleanest cars on the road. Child killers ( as a previous poster eloquently put it) are VED free in many instances and burn a very dirty fuel.

Its also wrong that I get no recognition if I drive into Lahndahn Tahn either (don't do it often). When I wrote to the MP about how the Government plays to the tune of major car manufacturers and neglects the conversion industry who are important local businesses, what I got back was 'Oh well you could be driving around on unleaded'. My response was suitable irritated 'why would I choose to drive around on a more expensive fuel when there is a cheaper alternative'.

Lazy civil servants, just out to make it to pension date without doing the right thing for the environment and local small businesses.

I urge you all to write in disgust as well and if eventually there are measures put in place, then there will be more professional converters and less stories of woe.

The next big push will be electric cars, forgetting that production of an electric car uses twice as much energy, mainly due to its battery, environmental damage from lithium, cobalt and nickel mining and only about 10 years of life with significant costs and pollution from recycling batteries.

I predict the same outcry about electric cars in 10 years time that we had from Diesel.

In contrast, LPG is a very clean fuel and could be extracted from landfill and other sources if we were clever about it.
cyclogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cyclogenesis For This Useful Post: