View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2018, 22:49   #1
DavidBristow

Default Bluepower FM adapter

Hi all, I have just installed a BLP 990 unit into my 2006 S40 D5 with high performance ICE. I have had issues with the install to which the guys at BP have been very helpful, however I cannot get an answer to the following question.

I want to use the BP FM / AM interface and not the original Volvo radio as this system requires the AUX to be selected at all times. In the kit, they have supplied an FM adapter but according to BP this should not be needed as the BP system is designed to "plug and play" which "by definition" should still integrate the VOLVO FM system into the BP radio system allowing me to use the BP interface. I cannot get any radio signal via the BP interface so was wondering if i could install the supplied FM adapter and wire this in.

I have no instructions supplied in the kit for this adapter, so was wondering how this would be (and more importantly how) this would be connected. the adapter comes with fibre optic cables, an FM Aerial plug and a blue cable (not labelled).

Now the question; where does the fibre optic cable on the adapter fit into, (behind the CD player or into the back of what was the LCD screen board. Where does the blue wire connect up to (guess this is a power supply?) Y/N ? any help that could be offered will be greatly appreciated.
DavidBristow is offline   Reply With Quote