View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 00:18   #12
Zeb246

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuuifx View Post
Could be a whole host of things. I doubt different fuel/ fuel additive would have any effect.

Does it feel like it is running OK? Have you checked properly how many miles you are doing for how many litres? Don't just rely on the onboard computer as it may have gone tits up.

What is the service history like? Has it been serviced regularly? If so the fuel filter should have been done so shouldn't be a problem (you would notice a problem with it running before it gave bad mpg)

I've always found mine to be low, but I do terrible journeys - all short and up and down hills, but I still get 35ish.

Try and borrow aN OBDII reader or get the codes read at a garage, it may tell you straight off what is wrong.

Hhhmmm...Was hoping that this could solve the problem. The car is running fine, I haven't checked how many miles i'm doing on fuel, will make sure i will check before and after on miles. The car has been serviced by Volvo, then been serviced at a local garage, inc cambelt change. Service was done 2 weeks ago. The previous owner did all the work. I might give MRG a call and let them do the free health check.
Zeb246 is offline   Reply With Quote