View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2003, 12:57   #13
tonyflynn1

Default RE: IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN!?!

"Henrik stated - 'no sign of cars going in or out of the road'. This implies that Henrik did check for vehicular activity and no vehicles were seen that were indicating any driver intention to turn into the side road. After Henrik started to cross the road having first tried to make sure that it was safe to do so a driver approaching the side road started indicating a turn manouvre into the side road. This driver appears either not to have seen Henrik already crossing the road - or chose to ignore the fact."

This is the ninth time that this has happened to the guy, unlucky or what?!!?

"Tonyflynn1 - You choose to imply that Henrik is making this up "(if it happened)" and that Henrik will only react to those unable to respond effectively. Perhaps the seriousness of the shock provoked the reaction and it would have been the same regardless of the condition of the vehicle occupants. Drivers - regardless of personal circumstances - must be able to react properly to the driving conditions and if they cannot see pedestrians particularly when they are crossing the road they should consider not driving. You are "likely to redress the balance" - what? Without knowledge or sight of the incident?"

6am, Two eighty year olds in a car going where? maybe to hospital with an emergency? they're sure as hell not going to work.
Reread the previous thread for crossing the road challenges, the only violent response has been towards two pensioners.
Redress the balance? ok I or anybody walks round the corner to find a fit able bodied guy beating up a car with a terrified female pensioner in it. Oh yeah I think, they must deserve it - NOT - I just see a bully terrorising the underdog.

"Stu - "I did not see the the situation, so I can't comment on this one" yet you do so by "gotta agree with Tony on this one". Tony also did not see the incident. It is possible that a driver some distance from a junction, not indicating any intended manouvre and "going at some pace" could cover what appeared to Henrik as a 'safe distance' in less time than expected. "unless they were where they should not be" you mean like forcing through a junction already occupied by another road user? "non-drivers take responsibility for their actions" I gather from the hobbies listed in henrik's profile (Chevys, Volvos) that Henrik is a driver (also stated elsewhere). Unless you were driving the vehicle involved I do not think that Henrik was "having a go" at you."

Nine confrontations this guy has had, one unlucky man!!

"1. I am not Danish (but my co-driver is)."

I didn't understand the geography issue

If people persistently try to kill you with their cars then they're probably trying to tell you something!!

BTW what is NAAFI?

tonyflynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote